Some of my collected Legal Links for Copyright, Trademark, and Intellectual Property. Please contact me if you find any of these links are not working or are out of date.
- U.S. Copyright Office Home Page
Copyright Office Help Form
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Editorial Photographer’s Copyright Compendium
- ASMP COPYRIGHT TUTORIAL
ASMP Model & Property Releases – A primer
Print these two documents and carry them with you in your camera bag.
*** Bert Krages Photography Law, & Photographers’ Rights pdf.
*** Photographing (U.S.) Federal Buildings is Legal – U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security document courtesy of the New York Times.
A Small-Business Guide to Intellectual Property – From the New York Times
Copyright Action – for Photographers & Photograph Users (UK & US)
- ABA Section of Business Law Home Page
- Broadcast Fax and Junk Email_ Illegal Under 47 U.S. Code 227
- California Board of Equalization
- California Courts_ Self-Help_ Small Claims
- California Department of Consumer Affairs Homepage – Consumer Protection, Consumer Education, &
- California Dept. of Justice – Office of the Attorney General
- California Lawyers for the Arts
- Chilling Effects Clearinghouse
- Copyright Website
- Dan Heller’s Tutorial Series_ Model Releases
- Duhaime’s Law Dictionary
- Emory University School of Law
- EDD – Employment Development – California
- ERD – Law by Subject
- FTC – Federal Trade Commission Home Page
- Find California Code
- FindLaw_ Cases and Codes
- Free Legal Advice in 100+ Law Topics
- FreeAdvice Forums (LEGAL) – powered by vBulletin
- Google Search_ misc.int-property
- Google Search_ misc.legal
- Guide to Privacy_ New York
- Intellectual Property Cases
- Intellectual Property Issues
- Intellectual Property Office – University of Cincinnati
- International Schedule of Classes of Goods and Services
- ip law
- JFKU Law School
- Lanham Act (Trademark Act) Word Index (BitLaw)
- law.com – California
- Legal Rights of Photographers (.pdf)
- Library Services_ Copyright in the Classroom and on the Internet
- LII_ Supreme Court Collection Home
- MODEL RELEASES – CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 3344-3346
- MultiReg.com __ – domain names, trademarks, copyrights and patents
- Nolo.com Law Book and Software Publisher
- Nolo.com Plain-English Law Centers
- Northern District of California
- Official California Legislative Information
- Overview of Trademark Law
- Photo District News Online
- Photographers’ Guide to Privacy
- Plagiarism Today – on Copyright, Plagiarism, and Content Theft Online.
- Preston_ Application of the California Sales Tax to Intangibles (State & Local Tax Bulletin
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Inc. v. Gentile Productions (1_20_1998, No. 96-3759)
- State of California – State and Consumer Services Agency
- State Trademark Registration, DomainLock
- Superior Court of California, County of Contra Costa
- The Federal Judiciary
- The Soni Law Firm
- TRADE DRESS
- Trade Mark Cases
- Trademark Law (BitLaw)
- Welcome to the Legal Information Institute
- Welcome to trademark.com!
- Yahoo! Media Relations
PhotoAttorney Carolyn E. Wright, Esq.’s Blog about the legal aspects of the Photography Business.
Copyright Defense “The imaging professionâ€™s copyright watchdog.” (Financed & supported by Professional Photographers of America; PPA)
About Model Releases:
More Great Links:
Specific Art Issues:
California Requirement for Certificate of Authenticity when Selling Multiples
What is a Limited Edition Printy – a blog entry from Epic Edits.
Do you have a good link that I should add to this list? Let me know.
Disclaimer: Our website contains or may contain links to other sites that we provided for your convenience, research, education, and entertainment. No display of text, graphics, or other any other element in any media is intended to indicate that Enlightened Images sponsors, is affiliated with, endorses, is endorsed by, is sponsored by, or associated with any particular company, organization, group, affiliation, trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official government or agency seal, copyrighted text, images, graphics, characters, symbols, sounds, other inteneded or uninteneded designations, other heretofore known or unknown elements that may be shown in the text, visual links, audio files, or any other media form. That also applies to the items or information within the linked sites. Got it?! Besides, if we do endorse, or sponsor, or are endorsed or sponsored by anyone, we’ll tell ya about it.